SEO and good design are two things that will get your business a higher ranking on the web, which in turn will lead to more success, and success is something that we all want.
Here are 8 tips & tricks to help you achieve success with SEO
1. Use keywords in the right place – You probably already know that you should add keywords to pages that you want to rank. But where you use your keywords is just as important as how many times you use them. Specifically, you want to make sure that your keyword appears at least once in your page’s title tag, webpage URL, and in the first 100 words of your content.
2. Delete zombie pages – Zombie pages are pages on your site that don’t bring in any traffic. They’re just sorta…there. When you delete Zombie Pages, you can get higher rankings and more traffic.
3. Add text to infographics, podcasts, and videos – Yes, visual content (like infographics and podcasts) is an awesome way to get traffic and backlinks. But they have one big problem: Google can’t understand ’em! That’s why we recommend adding plenty of text to go along with your infographic, podcast, or video.
4. Create content around closely related topics – Publishing high-quality content is one of the most important SEO tips. But what if you’re in a so-called “boring” niche? Isn’t it impossible to create content that people will link to or share on social media? Fortunately not. But, all you need to do is create interesting, engaging, and high-quality content, around closely-related topics.
5. Make sure your site navigation is search engine friendly – Simple enough, make sure your navigation and header on your site are both easy to use, and the titles are understandable.
6. Update pages with fresh content – If your website has a blog, you may want to consider making room for some excerpts of the latest posts to be placed on all of your web pages. Search engines love to see the content of web pages changing from time to time as it indicates that the site is still alive and well. With changing content, comes greater crawling frequency by search engines as well.
7. Use correct image sizes on social platforms – Below is a list of the recommended file dimensions for each social media page cover image, profile picture, and background. These images will display at different sizes on different devices, but for the best image quality across multiple devices, use the dimensions below:
– Facebook: 852 x 315 cover photo 180 x 180 profile picture
– Google+: 2120 x 1192 cover photo; 800 X – 800 profile picture
– Youtube: 2560 x 1440 cover photo; 800 x 800 channel icon
– Twitter: 1252 x 626 cover photo, 73 x 73 profile photo, 1600 × 1200 background image
– Linkedin: 646 x 220 banner image, 100 x 60 company profile picture
8. Make your designs visually consistent – Your want to establish a strong brand identity through social media, so make sure that all your designs are visually cohesive across platforms including your website.
For more tips and tricks on all things social, subscribe to our YouTube page and tune in for our Foodservice Friday series!
What questions do you have about SEO and Design in the kitchen for our Craeve Team?